DEADLINE: March 17, 2017 by 4:00 PM
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT AWARDED: $2,500
SCHOLARSHIP SUBJECT: “This Place Matters”
Why do places matter? They matter because they are a part of our universal story, one of the ties that bind our history, culture and values together. They reflect where we have been and where we are going. They may not all be beautiful, but they all embody our culture – past and present. Choose a property in Columbus, GA that is at least 50 years old that matters to you, write an essay about why “This Place Matters” and take a picture with a “This Place Matters” sign (Here).
APPLICANTS FOR SCHOLARSHIP:
The scholarship was created to honor the memory of one of our past directors, Patricia Jackson Howard. Mrs. Howard promoted the mission of Historic Columbus for many years as a volunteer and employee of the organization. It was her wish that the scholarship be awarded based on merit and need. It will also be provided directly to the recipient for the use to purchase items associated with attending a university or college.
The requirements for scholarship consideration are:
- A graduating senior from a public school in Muscogee County;
- A completed application by the deadline;
- A copy of the student’s transcript;
- A copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR);
- A completed essay on the topic provided (500-1000 words)
- A letter of recommendation; and
- A photo of yourself in front of the building holding a “This Place Matter” sign.
Please feel free to contact either Callie Hecht at Historic Columbus (email@example.com 706-322-0756) or Bob Kidd, Scholarship Chair, (firstname.lastname@example.org 706-681-1814) with any questions you may have regarding the scholarship or the contest process.